COVID-19(CORONAVIRUS) IMPORTANT UPDATE
Dear Patients and Families of Cooney Orthodontics,
We continue to monitor the rapidly changing situation associated with the Coronavirus pandemic currently affecting the world’s population. We are fully committed to the overarching goal of minimizing the health risk to our patients, their families, our team, and to the public in general. Please be assured that in the weeks and months ahead, we will do our best to minimize the long term impact on the overall course of your orthodontic treatment by following the evolving recommendations of appropriate governmental, public health and professional society organizations.
At the current time, and in accordance with recommendations that only emergency dental care be provided throughout the month of April, we are working diligently to keep your future appointments as well managed as possible. This will include the following alterations:
- We will be working on contacting you to reschedule any appointments that are scheduled in both offices throughout April and early May. These appointments will most likely occur in late May to early June, but we will be continuously monitoring.
- Non-essential appointments such as retainer checks, ongoing observations, etc., will be rescheduled for late summer or early fall to accommodate appointment slots for those in active treatment.
- Our office is currently open with reduced staff and reduced hours per government recommendations to see any patients experiencing a painful emergency. Please see the link provided below for some helpful tips on handling orthodontic issues at home. https://www.aaoinfo.org/blog/handling-orthodontic-issues-at-home
- We understand the importance of consistent continuity of care while minimizing any impacts this may have on your overall treatment time. We will continue to work out ways to mail elastics, schedule safe pickups for Invisalign aligners, etc. as necessary.
- We will be reaching out to all affected patients within the next few weeks to directly inform you of any adjustments necessary for your scheduled appointments.
- Once we are at a safe and allowable place to do so, both offices will be open simultaneously to ensure you are seen within the quickest time frame possible.
When active operations are resumed, many of the recommendations and policy changes which were outlined in previous e-mail communications will still be in effect, including:
- If you or your family members have any symptoms (fever, cough, sneezing, shortness of breath) do not enter the office – call to reschedule your appointment.
- Limiting the number of people attending appointments to just the patient and, if a minor one parent or guardian.
- Checking in manually at the front desk, no self-check-in station.
- Suspension of magazines and reception room reading materials and complimentary beverage station.
- Continuation of disinfectant wipe down to commonly touched areas on a regular and consistent basis.
- Continuation of daily cleaning and disinfection of the office and regular deep cleaning by a professional cleaning service.
We will continuously update these policies and procedures as necessary and consistent with evolving guidelines and protocols as they develop. Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your cooperation, flexibility and understanding during this challenging time.
We miss seeing everyone’s smiling faces and greatly appreciate your flexibility during these uncertain times. The safety and health of our patients, their families, and our team members is of the utmost importance and we remain hopeful and optimistic in these trying times. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns, leave a message, and one of our dedicated team members will get back to you soon. Stay safe and healthy, keep on smiling!
Dr. Brendan Cooney and Dr. Canaan Tyner